In 1882, Father Michael J. McGivney gathered a small group of parishioners in St. Mary’s Church in New Haven, Conn. His purpose was to establish a group of men, united in their faith and to provide for Catholic families in times of need. This was the beginning of the Knights of Columbus.
our Council's history
In Fall of 2012, over 60 Charter Members led by our Founding Grand Knight, Sir Knight Tom Kuchera, got together to form what is now Our Lady of Guadalupe Council 15590 at Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish in Doylestown, PA. Our initial Degree ceremony was performed one evening at the St. Juan Diego Chapel with the incredible support of our Pastor, Council Chaplain, and fellow 4th Degree Knight, Sir Knight, Reverend Monsignor Gentili.
On December 12, 2012 (12-12-12), which is the feast day of Our Lady of Guadalupe, we were granted our Charter and recognized as an official Council by the Knights of Columbus Supreme HQ in New Haven, CT. Council# 15590 was assigned to us.
Our numbers now exceed 100 members and we have been honored with the Triple Star Council Award one of only 25 Councils in the entire state of Pennsylvania (which has close to 600 Councils) to achieve this honor. The Star Council Award recognizes outstanding achievement in membership, insurance and service program activities.
We invite all practicing Catholic men over the age of 18 to come and join this fine “Band of Brothers” and become members of Council 15590 by contacting us today!
To learn more about the Knights of Columbus organization, visit http://www.kofc.org.
What We've Achieved
- Coming Soon...